Thursday, November 3, 2011

portrait 1.

A collaborative series with Portland photographer, Natalie Conn


Jessica
Preservation Carpenter
Portland, Maine
“At work, I dress primarily for weather, primer, and dirt. After work, I usually wear what's comfortable first, and interesting second. Ninety percent of my clothing is used. I once sewed a lot of it too, but now carpentry takes up a lot of that time. I was a younger sister, and I've always loved castoffs because back then, they reminded my of my beloved big brother, and now, they remind me of my friends far away. I wear thrift store clothes because they are less expensive and because my job isn't very demanding style-wise, I don't need to contribute to the wastefulness of the apparel industry. I also like to find things no one else will be wearing, and things that were the pinnacle of style in the past.”





In stock at County Seat Supplies:
Tweed jacket, 1980s
Accordion pleated dress, 1960s
Two-tone oxfords, new-used
Leather horse saddle bags, date unknown